Friday 14 February 2014

Wedding Cake with Sugar Flowers

This was my first attempt making Sugar Roses and Hydrangeas for a Wedding. I loved how this cake turned out. The bride and the groom's wedding theme was supposed to be purple. However, a few days before the wedding day, most of the room decorations were in pink. Not purple! This was because the bride's family came from overseas, and they decided on the decorations...ooppss!!! I was in quite a shocked, as the flowers were already made in purple.

I quickly made the roses buds in soft pink and luckily I had a 'purply pinkish' ribbon to add on top of the purple ribbon. The wedding turned out to be such a beautiful wedding with mixture of purple and pink. And of course my cake, turned out to be really suitable with the theme :)

The top tier was a Layered Sponge Cake with Rum and had the embroidery effects all around. And the bottom tier was dark choc mud. Happy Wedding to my Bride and Groom xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

label